Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Haymarket in Baltimore!

So you all know about the trouble I've gone to trying to find that magical scoop of ice cream. And although we did find that one place a while back (the one that also sells donuts), I've felt there has been a void in my life due to the lack of Ivanna Cone in Baltimore. But good news - I've found Baltimore's version of Ivanna Cone! It's called Sylvan Beach, and my oh my! It's located in a village of Mt. Washington, inside a brick building. Get this: they even write their flavors on a chalk board just like Ivanna Cone! I had Honey Graham and Cake Batter, and Evan had Cake Batter and Peanut Butter Cup. It's locally owned, so that really made us like it even better.

This is the crazy part, and the reason I titled this post "The Haymarket in Baltimore." While we were eating our DELICIOUS ice cream, I was looking around at the different buildings around us...then I noticed it. The building next to Sylvan Beach housed "Amazing Glaze," a paint-your-own-pottery store...just like Paint Yourself Silly which is next to Ivanna Cone!! I could not believe it! After this discovery, I even mentioned to Evan that I couldn't wait to write about this on the blog! Yay - Baltimore has a Haymarket like the one in Lincoln! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment