Thursday, August 27, 2009

Busy, busy!

Oh, goodness. I just realized that I haven't updated this blog in forever! To my many loyal followers: my apologies! So much has been going on these past few days. Highlights include a weekend visit from my parents, starting my new job and a Chi Omega alum get-together at Little Havana for$10 margarita pitchers!

It was AMAZING to see my parents last weekend. They flew in to D.C. last Thursday, and then we picked them up at the New Carrollton metro station on Friday afternoon. I surprised them with my culinary skills and whipped up an amazing dinner that night: parmesan tilapia, skillet-fried zucchini, rice pilaf and individual peach cobblers for dessert - delicious! Saturday was spent shopping and checking out Evan's office on Hopkins' campus and seeing my new workplace. They bought a lot of dress clothes for me, since I'm a working woman now, and I appreciate them doing so! We went out to eat at Mother's Federal Hill Grille. You may recall that Evan and I joined his fellow classmates there back in June, when he had the Heart Attack on a Plate burger - my dad tried it this time! I actually ended up getting a hamburger also, which is "blog-worthy" because I haven't had red meat since before the wedding. Yes, fish, turkey and chicken fill my plates these days! But I must admit, that BBQ burger with cheese and fried onions was amazing! The rest of Saturday night was spent playing Yahtzee and Smart Ass - a favorite game for both Evan's family and mine! We were sad to see them leave on Sunday, but we so enjoyed having them visit! We sure hope Evan's parents can make it out here now!

I will post more about my new job in the next few days. This week has been hectic! I hope everyone is enjoying their week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment