Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Symphony & Canoeing

Last weekend was wonderful! On Friday night, Lauren and Chris brought over some delicious cheese that we enjoyed with a little red wine before heading to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. Beethoven's Ninth Symphony was being performed and it was absolutely amazing - I even got goosebumps when the chorus joined the orchestra! Afterward, we went to Red Maple - a bar/lounge serving tapas (4-5 serving appetizers). We were able to enjoy a great variety, and they were all yummy - thanks to Chris and Lauren for picking up the tab! :)

On Saturday, we met up with them again to go canoeing at Loch Raven Reservoir. A canoe rental is $14 for the whole day - so a pretty great deal! We had fun exploring the Reservoir and its great landscape. We packed picnic lunches and enjoyed a few beers while spending time on the water and soaking up the sun - Evan's ideal situation! Evan and I enjoyed canoeing so much that we even went back out there yesterday afternoon, and it was just as fun the second time around!

As for employment news - I picked up a temporary position filling in as an administrative assistant for a construction company. It's just for 8 days, but at least I'm getting out of the apartment and making a little extra cash. The job search is going well, and I'm definitely making progress. Hopefully I'll be able to share some exciting news soon - I'm just so ready to work full-time - I'm sure my parents can't even believe I just said that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment