Friday, July 10, 2009

Yahtzee!

Who would have thought that 2 people playing Yahtzee could be so fun!? I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Last night after a failed attempt of trying to find an ice cream place around us (there are supposed to be quite a few, but parking on a Thursday night in downtown Baltimore is quite the task), we came back to the apartment empty-handed. Luckily, we had enough store-bought ice cream for one person (me! - Evan so graciously insisted!), so I was able to satisfy my need. We then decided to bust out one of the board games that we received for the wedding and challenge each other to an intense game of Yahtzee. I blame my two losses on Evan - when he sees all of the dice after being rolled, whether it's his turn or mine, he immediately starts explaining what combination should be sought. So here I am trying to analyze my scorecard and the dice that I rolled, and I have Evan blurting out what he thinks would be the easiest points to get - based on odds. It was too much; I just couldn't concentrate, and he was making me nervous. So I lost...both games...149-229 and 210-238. I called it quits after that, but I definitely want to play him again soon, it was just too darn funny watching how excited he became after each roll! Tonight we're heading to an art exhibition at Maryland Art Place, and then to the Gallery Imperato Film Festival afterward. It should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. You two are way too fun. I'm so glad you're enjoying Baltimore and each other! So so so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete