Saturday, July 18, 2009

Haircut!

Thursday was the day - I chopped off my hair. I had been growing it out for the wedding, so the time had come! I wanted to do it right when we got here, but searching for a salon in a new city is definitely harder than it sounds. In Baltimore (and greater Baltimore), there are so many different neighborhoods, and we've learned quickly that each neighborhood is quite different from the next. I wanted to make sure that I found a salon in a good area. So after speaking with some people and Google-ing a LOT of different salons, I found one that looked like it might work. Studio 1612 is located in the Mt. Washington village district, and it was absolutely perfect! The village is a secluded neighborhood that is filled with some great little shops, so I had fun walking around there before my appointment.

Funny story about when I called to schedule a time: the owner actually answered and wanted to know where the 402 area code was from, so I said "Nebraska." She was so excited that I picked her salon, so when I was paying for the haircut, I heard this lady start yelling across the salon, wondering where the "Nebraska girl" was because she wanted to meet me! She was very kind and happy that I enjoyed my time there - I'll definitely be going back! I haven't taken any pictures of the new 'do yet, but I'll be sure to soon! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment