Saturday, July 25, 2009

Loch Raven, Chi Omega & Bird Poop

Last Saturday, Chris and Lauren invited us to go for a run at Loch Raven Reservoir. This huge reservoir is north of Baltimore in Baltimore County, and it is beautiful up there! We enjoyed running on the trails and enjoying time outside of the city. They packed a picnic lunch for all of us, and it was great to spend more time with them. Although, my legs were pretty sore for the next couple of days!

Last Sunday, we attended a Chi Omega BBQ for Baltimore-area alums. It was so nice to meet new people, and even better that they were fellow Chi Omegas! The couple who hosted the BBQ actually invited us to a Jason Mraz concert, but we already had plans. We are going to have brunch with them in a couple weeks, and we're excited to get to know them better!

Now for a change of pace...our apartment complex has a 24-hour fitness center, and it's great to be able to work out when we want. We have to cross the courtyard to enter the fitness center, and Evan and I had been noticing a lot of bird poop on the sidewalk. Not even 2 days after talking about it, the incident happened. After leaving the fitness center on Wednesday night, bird poop struck my arm and leg! Of course I started screaming because I thought some wild insect had attacked me. But, no...just bird poop! Evan rushed me back into the fitness to clean me off, while I was hysterical. I just couldn't believe that it actually happened! I mean, it's one of those things that you hear about but don't experience. Oh, well...makes for a good story! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh good Lord! This is by far one of my favorite Courtney stories! While I was reading your encounter I could picture every second in my head! You guys are too fun!

    ReplyDelete