Monday, March 1, 2010

A Whirlwind of a Week

March 1, 2010 - say that out loud. Sounds weird, doesn't it?! I feel like I almost always talk about the date in each my posts but when time is going by so darn quickly, it's hard not to take note of it!

This past week has been an absolute whirlwind. I started my internship, so I was busy learning everything about the organization and finishing up last minute preparations for a big fundraiser they were planning for Saturday. Evan spent the beginning of last week working with his team to finalize their project for a business plan competition held at the University of Cincinnati. Clocking some late nights on campus (4:00a.m. & 2:00a.m.), their hard work finally paid off. They ended up getting 2nd place at the competition - very exciting! They have numerous other competitions that they'll be traveling to this semester, so hopefully they keep finding success. He just makes me so proud!

The fundraiser/fashion show on Saturday night was so much fun! A lot of money was raised, so it definitely went as planned. I'm loving my new internship and am really happy I made this transition.

I felt a little homesick over the weekend while Evan was out of town. Most of this had to do with the fact that my sister, brother-in-law and nephew were visiting my parents - I just felt left out! I know they all had fun together, but of course I was jealous that I wasn't there! But good news: Evan and I get to see my parents in 5 weeks! And we'll be back in Nebraska in 6 weeks and will get to see his family - so I felt a little bit better after I thought of those two things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment