Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Spring! (& Some Exciting News!)

So I'm a little late, seeing that the first day of Spring was a few days ago - but still: Happy Spring! The weather seems to changing with the season. We've had some rainy days and some sunny days. I'm afraid I'll jinx it if I say that winter just might really be over! :)

We had a wonderful time down in Florida. Our first night was spent camping - we enjoyed waking up to the sunrise on the Atlantic shore. Later that day, we drove across the state and did some boating on the Gulf of Mexico and watched the sunset - an absolutely amazing day.

Another highlight of the trip includes...WALT DISNEY WORLD! That's right - we went to Disney! Chris has a friend that actually works on the business-side of Disney and was able to hook us up with free day passes to all the parks. Oh. My. Goodness. It was so much fun! Evan had never been there before, so I really enjoyed being the professional tour guide and showing him all neat stuff and rides. Fun moments from Disney include: Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, bratwursts and sauerkraut from Germany & pastries from France (at Epcot), Space Mountain, and the monorail. :)

We've spent the week adjusting to real life - vacation was just so relaxing! Evan is actually down in North Carolina right now for a business plan competition. He'll leave from there and go straight to California on Sunday. He's going to be visiting Stanford - I'm so jealous that he'll be in Palo Alto without me. Which leads me to my next topic:

Evan was accepted to Stanford for graduate school, and we decided this week that we'll be moving to Palo Alto, CA! Holy cow - we're moving across the entire country! We feel so blessed about this opportunity and are excited to get to sunny California.

No comments:

Post a Comment