Monday, February 22, 2010

So much exciting stuff....

Well, the snow from the Storm of the Century out here on the East Coast is finally melting. There are still big piles from where they had to plow, but the sidewalks are getting clear - woohoo!

A lot of exciting stuff has been happening these past few weeks for us. First, my last day at Urbanite was on Friday. I'm starting a new position (today!) with Federal Hill Main Street. I'll be focusing on marketing and promotions, which is what I'm extremely interested in. It's just an internship, so it'll be done in May. The reason I decided to switch from a full-time job to an internship is simple: we're only here until May and I really want to work in marketing and promotions. I'm hoping this position will help me land a job in that industry wherever we may move to this summer. Wish me luck!

Evan has a lot of exciting stuff going on - he'll be traveling to Cincinnati on Thursday to compete in a business plan competition. Throughout the semester, he'll be traveling a lot because his team has been getting into business plan competitions left and right! Joining Cincinnati on the list so far: Berkeley, Manitoba (yes, Canada!) and LINCOLN! That's right, we're coming to Lincoln in April - I've already made the executive decision that I'll be joining him! His team is also a semi-finalist for Tulane and Wharton Business School - so there's a chance he'll be going to those also!

We'll be sure to keep you updated on our travels to Nebraska in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment