Saturday, September 19, 2009

Football is Here!

Although Evan was swamped with a paper that was due last Monday, we were still able to enjoy last weekend. My work had an office happy hour from 4-5 last Friday (at the office!). Beer, wine, cheese and truffles were served - my kind of work place! Our magazine's publisher was so happy with our September issue, "The Learning Issue," and just wanted to thank everyone for their hard work. Each employee got to pick a prize from a bag that she passed around. My prize: a gift certificate to a new restaurant that opened in April down in Harbor East - a hip neighborhood by the harbor. Check out the restaurant: Talara. I can hear the Peppermint Pattie Mojito calling my name...

On Saturday we went to Sarah and David's (she's a Chi Omega alum) for the USC/Ohio State game. They cooked dinner for us: grilled pork tenderloin, baked potatoes, orzo salad and rolls. We brought the dessert, Blackberry Jam Cake. Everything was delicious! We really enjoy hanging out with Sarah and David and are excited to have met them!

This past week has been so busy for the both of us. Evan had that huge paper that I mentioned due on Monday and then a presentation on Wednesday. He was up until 4:30 on one night working on everything! I had a work party on Tuesday night - we have a "roll out" party every month to celebrate the new issue. September's party was held at Teavolve, a bar that has all the drinks infused with tea - pretty cool! On Thursday night, I went to a Chi Omega alum meeting, trying to get the alum group more organized. Then on Friday I had to work at an event that Urbanite sponsors - Friday Night Concerts at Belvedere Square. Evan came to it, so it didn't seem like I was working, so that was nice. A crazy week, but we can't complain! Everything is going so well, PLUS the Huskers play VA Tech today, and it is on ABC! Woohoo - we get to watch this game!! Go HUSKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment