Monday, October 19, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Soup - It's a Winner!

Ok, so the Urbanite staff is quite small - 16 or 17 employees. Our publisher feels strongly about building relationships with one another through quality bonding time. This is why we have Friday Happy Hours and birthday celebrations each month. Also, we have a program called "Random Acts of Fun." Through this, a staff member can plan and execute a fun event for our office and then be rewarded with a prize. Well, last week our production coordinator and marketing assistant planned a Soup-Off competition. Of course, I entered...and WON! :) I made a Chicken Enchilada Soup, and it was divine! I took it in a pretty hip, stainless-steel crock pot that we received as a wedding gift. Everyone was amazed at my crock pot - everyone else brought their soup in tupperware. Maybe crock pots aren't popular out here in the East. So either it was the crock pot or my soup that won it for me - either way, I won a $25 gift card to a bar/lounge in downtown Baltimore. Yay!

This past weekend, Evan and I house/dog-sat for a couple who lives in Elkridge (about 15 minutes from Baltimore). Sarah and David were heading down to Florida for the Gators' game, and asked us to house/dog-sit. It was so much fun to "play house" for the weekend! Their dog, Albert, is so cute. We really enjoyed seeing a glimpse of what the future may hold for us, once we can get past apartment living! I took some pictures of Albert, that I'll be sure to post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment