Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Baltimore Cupcake Company



Ok, so while I've been searching online for various Baltimore companies and businesses in hopes of finding job opportunities, I came across a gold mine: The Baltimore Cupcake Company. No, I didn't apply for a position - but how fun would that be?! If there are any Food Network watchers out there, you know that the show, Ace of Cakes, is located here in Baltimore (I think their bakery, Charm City Cakes, isn't too far away from our place). Well, as you can see, bakeries are very popular here, so I just had to check out this one for myself.

Yesterday after officially changing my name at the Social Security office (yay - I'm a Luxon!), I was on a mission to make it to The Baltimore Cupcake Company. And when I walked in, I felt like a little girl walking into a magical land, I kid you not (and that's the exact way I explained it to Evan). It was the cutest bakery I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I was so overwhelmed and excited that I never took pictures there, but as you can probably already imagine, I plan on becoming a frequent visitor. They serve a variety of flavors each day, and the menu can be found on their website. I stopped in around 2:45, and the only flavor left was plain vanilla with chocolate icing and some with vanilla frosting. I was kind of bummed that I couldn't try a fun flavor, but the ones we got were amazing. The lady working said I needed to stop in earlier in the day if I wanted a chance to have a choice - so that's good to know for future reference! I did take a picture of my half-demolished cupcake, so you can enjoy that! :)

Oh, and you can check out their site: The Baltimore Cupcake Company


No comments:

Post a Comment